How to Get the Most out of a Dental Conference
- Plan Ahead: Take a look at the conference schedule before you attend. This purposeful approach helps you get the most of a couple of days you’ll be at the conference.
- Blend Your Time with Different Activities: Don’t spend the whole time at educational workshops or cocktail parties. While you should still participate in these sessions and events, spend some time walking the exhibitor floor, getting coffee with other attendees, and listening to speakers.
- Participate in Conversations: Maybe the most important advice we have for those attending a dental conference is to talk with as many people as possible. Whether they’re dentists, consultants, or equipment dealers, almost everyone you meet will have something to help you get just a little bit better at running your practice.
- Networking opportunities with other dentists, strategic partners, and service providers
- Continuing education (CE credits) to expand your skills as a dentist and further your career
- Helpful information on how to grow new patient opportunities and increase efficiency at your practice
- An update on what’s going on in dentistry today
Decide Which Conferences to Attend
Before deciding on which conference to attend, ask yourself the following questions:
- How far do I want to travel?
- Do I want to bring my team along?
- What’s the goal of attending? Continuing education? Networking? Practice management?
- Do I want to go to a more specialized event or one focused on a specific type of dentistry?